HE LIKES ME…………… He likes me not.
Few things are as tortuous and confusing as trying to figure out whether a guy is attracted to you or not.
The situation is further complicated by the fact that men are not the greatest communicators. Guys find it especially difficult to tell girls how they really feel about them. As a result, they are more comfortable communicating their feelings with their actions.
While some signs of attraction and interest are more evident than others, it is pretty easy to know when a guy likes you when you know what signs to look out for.
1. It is in his body language
The body language speaks volumes where words fail. So, pay close attention and see if you can identify some of the following subtle behaviors:
- Eye contact: If a guy likes you, he will use eye contact to convey interest. Naturally, people’s eyes wander around the room, but if it feels like he cannot tear his eyes from you, he might just be attracted to you.
- A light touch: People touch the people they like. There is no better way to determine that a guy has romantic feelings towards you than when he looks for every excuse to touch you. He will pick lint off your jacket, gently guide you towards the door, and regularly brush your arm ‘accidentally.’
- The way he faces: Does he typically face you with his feet when he’s in the same vicinity? Feet direction is thought to be more likely a subconscious choice due to their distance from the brain. If his feet are usually facing you, then it is an indication that he is thinking of you.
- Leaning inward: A guy will lean towards a girl that he likes and distance himself from the ones he does not like. He will angle his pelvis to face you when you are standing and lean in when you are seated.
2. He asks you personal questions
A guy who is interested in you will want to know everything about you. He will, therefore, ask you a lot of questions. By enquiring about your personal life, he is hoping to get to know you better and also create a bond between the two of you. And he will want to know about it all: your childhood, your family, your goals and even your fears.
Furthermore, this says a lot about his intelligence: he knows that as human beings, we have many sides and shades within us that we offer to the world. Asking questions is his way of trying to know the real you.
Asking you about yourself also indicates that he is enjoying his time with you. It is an easy and stress-free way to sustain a conversation and keep the dialogue flowing.
While listening to you helps him to get to know you better, it also gives him the opportunity to show you how much you mean to him.
Does he ask you questions about your work? About your family? About your upbringing? Does he recall specific information and topics you once talked about? Does he remember the smallest details from your past conversations? Yep, he is definitely falling for you.
3. He does everything to stand out and fend off competition.
A guy who likes you will do everything to impress you. He might show off his physical strength and bring up stories and anecdotes about his life that he knows will make him stand out. In some cases, even the most modest guy will become a bit of a show off around you. This is especially the case if a guy is the quiet type; he will feel compelled to brag about his accomplishments to impress you.
A guy who is attracted to you will also amp the risk factor when he is around you. It is not uncommon for a guy to intentionally put himself in the face of danger to catch your attention. Guys know women are attracted to bold and fearless males. And they are likely to deploy this strategy when an opportunity arises.
It is for the same reason that a guy will leap mindlessly to your defense, in something that he has no idea what it is all about; whether it is in social situations or on social media. He wants you to see him as your knight in shining armor.
Does he drive recklessly fast when he is with you? Now you know; he is very attracted to you.
4. He pays special attention to you.
If you are in a crowd of people, a man who is smitten will give you more attention than anyone else present. You can test it out: Move away from the group that he is in. Say you need a drink or something. Then don’t return. If he likes you, he will try to catch your eye across the room, or even follow you.
He will be sensitive to your moods, and he can tell when you are going through something. So, the next time he is pushing you to tell him whether everything is ok, take it as a compliment and not nagging. It just means that he cares much more than you probably realized.
Does he notice that you have changed the way you do your hair? Or that you are putting on different makeup? Wonder no more: he definitely likes you.
5. He wants to make your life easier
A guy who likes you will take care of you to his best of abilities. He will go out of his way to do nice things for you. It could be something as small as carrying your shopping bags. Does the guy:
- Open the car door for you?
- Open up the water bottle for you?
- Bring you coffee?
- Give you a ride home?
- Help to set up your new TV?
- Lend you his jacket when it is cold?
- Offer to drive you to the airport when you have to catch a flight?
These small gestures indicate one thing: the guy is into you.
A quick note on shy guys
When I grew up I was shy. And shy guys act a little differently around girls that they like.
6. He may completely ignore you
Fear of rejection is a big thing for guys, especially when they are in public. It takes a lot of boldness for a guy to put himself in a position to be publicly rejected. So what does the guy do: he ignores you completely. Or he could ignore you when you are in the larger society, but talk to you when you are alone.
7. He opens up when you two are alone (or when he feels comfortable)
Is he completely oblivious to your presence when there are other people around but cheers up the moment the two of you are alone together? No doubt, he likes you, but he is intimidated, shy and/or scared.
This doesn’t make him any less of a man. He may have simply grown up with an overbearing parent/sibling/relative and simply isn’t sure what to do next with you.
8. He tries to predict something about you or tell you about yourself
If he doesn’t know better, it’s his way of telling you that he has thought about you. It can be cute (and less annoying) if you think of it that way.
In a study published by psychological Science, researchers discovered that women underestimate the amount of romantic interest shown to them by men. As such, by the time you start noticing gestures that indicated that a guy likes you, he will be deeply attracted to you.
You, therefore, need to decide quickly on what you will do about the situation. If you are interested in the guy, give your own signs that you are also into him. Meet him halfway; reciprocate by doing nice things for him.
If you are not interested in the guy, do not try to take advantage of his interest in you. Let him know immediately, and you might just get yourself a wonderful friend.
Do you ever feel like you don't understand men? Like you have no idea how he's feeling or what he will do next? If this sounds like you then this short video will change your relationships with men forever.
In it, James Bauer describes the number one driving force in a mans brain and how he tries to satisfy it in everything that he does. Watch it now, your future self will thank you!
Thanks for reading Things Guys Do to Get Your Attention. If you have any comments questions or queries you can contact me here.