YOU'VE TRIED ALL THE apps. The new ones and the popular ones. You’ve tried the older style websites and even the specialist niche websites…
And you're still single…
Maybe it’s time to consider some technology-free options. So in that vein, here are 7 old-fashioned ways how to find a date offline, and meet that someone special
Volunteering is fantastic in more ways than one:
- You are giving back. Immense satisfaction comes with giving back to the community
- You enjoy the company of like-minded individuals.
- Volunteering allows you to meet your partner in the noblest way.
- You have the privilege to know your partner quickly and in the most natural state: no dating games.
Volunteering places you on the path of people who have the same values, spirit, and mindset as your own. When you connect with a potential partner through volunteering, you start out knowing that the two of you have some values in common and a load of similar experiences to look back on.
In 2013, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) realized that a number of their volunteers had fallen in love while volunteering abroad. During Valentine’s Day, the organization made this the theme of their message. They encouraged single people to volunteer, telling them that on top of helping a community to fight poverty, they could possibly find love.
So get out there and find something that you would love to do to give back to the society, volunteer and possibly fall in love.
Go to places of worship and weddings
You may not even be religious for all you know, but that’s beside the point. Places of worship and weddings are a great place to find potential partners. The sense of familiarity that comes with the church and related ceremonies means that a lot of barriers are already broken. As such, even complete strangers have a sense of familiarity with them.
When you see a man that you are attracted to, you will have the confidence to approach him. Being in a familiar territory also encourages the guys to approach.
Tip: Try to sit somewhere visible where there is some space for a single guy to sit next to. Also, make a rule to sit next to the first single guy you see; and guess what, you might just change your life.
Take hobbies that get you interacting with people
The best partner is the one who shares your lifestyle and your preference in how you spend your time and money. Making time for your hobbies allows you to connect with like-minded people. Challenge yourself to invest in your social calendar.
Having shared interests is a great strength in any long-term relationship: take up salsa dancing, attend vintage car rallies or go to cheer your favorite team. You will be off to a good start if you meet a guy doing something you love. Your shared interest gives you a ready topic of conversation to get things going.
Attend your friends' parties
Meeting a guy through your friends can be a real bonus: You have something in – common – the mutual friend and your friend can vouch for his character. According to research conducted by Mic in 2015, more 18 – 24 years old met their current partners through mutual friends than through any other means.
Meeting a potential partner through a friend is reassuring because you can trust your friend’s judgment.
Having a friend’s stamp of approval of a partner is not only helpful in making the initial connection; it is also important once the relationship gets going. Research shows that people who meet through friends feel more supported in their relationships.
Sit at the bar
You probably already spend a good bit of time out at bars and clubs socializing. But, if you are more intentional, your visit to the bar can be extra productive, and you could meet someone special.
- Do not visit just any club. Choose a place that puts time, effort and thought into the establishment. This is the kind of place where you are likely to meet thoughtful, hardworking guys who value themselves.
- Sit at the bar if you can. The bar is the point of focus in the room, and it is much more inviting than the individual tables. Even the most confident man will hesitate before approaching a woman seated at a table. The bar will encourage a guy to approach and start a natural conversation.
- If you are a regular at a club, befriend the bartender. The girls and guys behind the bar know everything. They would be a perfect source of intel on potential guys. They could not only point you in the right direction but also steer you away from harm’s way.
Alumni events are great for meeting great guys. An alumni event is designed around talking to others and exchanging information. It is, therefore, an easy way to make a connection that could turn into a long-lasting school romance.
Whether it is the graduate school, college or high school, or even the elementary school, an alumni event is a non-stressful way to meet a quality man. Why? The guys at these events already share with you a fundamental commonality and connection.
Whichever guy you bump into, you already have some insight about him. Also, you may know some of the same people, which will help to increase the bond that the two of you share.
You may not be religious, but places of worship are a great place to meet great guys. However, you have to be strategic about your sitting position. Try to sit somewhere visible where a single guy can sit next to or near you. In fact, why don’t you sit next to the first single guy that you see? You might just make his day.
Weddings are also significant potential functions to meet great guys. If you know the bride or groom separately, you are able to meet an entirely new network of the couple’s friends. The fact that they were invited to the wedding in the first place means that they are quality guys.
Finding the right guy is not the end. More work will go into building a great relationship. Consider the following tips for building a healthy, long-lasting relationship.
- Be mindful of the law of attraction. You use the law of attraction in your love life all the time; whether you are aware of it or not. Question is, what are you attracting?
You can attract love, companionship, and joy or you can attract loneliness. Desperation and complaining; ‘I am single and lonely, and it seems there is no one out there for me’ will frustrate all your good efforts to find a great relationship.
How many desperate people have you seen in great relationships?
- Seek for partnership, not just romance. It is exciting to have a guy who sweeps you off your feet. However, finding a partner who likes to give and take, who seeks your opinion and considers it, is even a greater blessing.
Instant sexual attraction often fades: Most good love is a slow burn.
- When you meet someone, do not hurry things along. When you connect with a guy, allow that connection to grow. Do not play games, apply seduction techniques or manipulate the man.
- Date smart: watch out for the red flags. Red flags indicate that the relationship will not grow into a healthy, long-lasting love. Pay close attention to the guy and trust your instincts. If you ever feel undervalued, insecure or ashamed, it is probably a good idea to reevaluate the relationship.
- Is the guy alcohol dependent?
- Is he having trouble honoring his commitments?
- Is he excessively jealous about your other interests?
- Is the relationship exclusively sexual?
Invest in yourself. Even if you find a great guy, you will not have a great relationship if there are some parts of you missing. You do not need to be with someone to feel content. You must be whole by yourself.
Do not look for someone to heal you from your insecurities; what you need is to heal from your insecurities so that you can find someone.
Thanks for reading my guide on how to find a date offline. If you have any questions or queries, then contact me here